Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vintage gold

On a lighter note, I've been satisfying my urge to shop by hunting for goodies in op-shops. I've always loved old things, but my growing awareness of the extent to which we have become such well-trained little consumers, already on a well-paved road to self-destruction, consuming all before us, drives me to it with even greater gusto. My aim is to buy new as little as possible, and take myself out of the demand cycle where I can.

There are a few things which I hunt for on a regular basis, one of them is knitting patterns. I love the old patterns, I love the old photography (oh, the poses! - they just don't do poses like they used to), and I love the hunt!
Here's what I found on my recent day off. Seventies gold.













But wait...there's more













2 comments:

Galadriel Thompson said...

Oh the 70's and all that wonderful polyester!

Howdy: )

kit said...

Hi Galadriel, this is my first blog. I'm pleased that it's interesting for someone! As your can see I like reading your blog too. You always have such beautiful photos! I'm still working on that one :)